View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
does the truck have a mpg readout? if so then I would sugest finding a nice short rout near the auto dealership, drive that rout with cruse controle on and take note of your gas mileage, then ask them if you can take a simaler truck to yours for a test drive doing the exact same thing, if there is a big differnce like it sounds like there is, then I would demand that they either fix it, or replace it because it was not as advertised, and you would at that point be comparing it to another vehicle that is under the same conditions, not someone else's test.
It would also be worth getting a scangauge, as they work as a diginostic tool to trubleshoot engine problems, and as a real time MPG gauge, this will alow you to both figure out what modifications are working, figure out what sensors or engine tunings make an improvment, and what driving habbits make an improvement.

Hawaii is one of the few parts of the US that I think ethonal would work, a friend of mine is living on the big island right now and tells me that there are times of the year when the air stinks with the smell of fermenting fruit, if all of that was collected made in to alcohol and used as fuel, hawaii's fuel price would drop, my friend is planing to do this on his own of course, and run his personal vehicles.