View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarycortex View Post
Yes as a matter of fact I am a VW fanatic and I don't mind adjusting my valves. I would love a Ghia but I'm not sure I would fit in a Ghia cause i am 6'4" but I know I would fit in a fastback/squareback/notchback. This would not really be a project car for me, especially since I dont have the time or money to do much. Now if the fastback roof line is too steep for attached flow I could either use zig zag tape or go for a squareback and a mini kammback. But then again I could just go for the original beetle and pull an Ernie Rogers. I wonder if my new beetle would benefit from zig zag tape? Hmm...
I'm 6'1" and my hair brushes pretty close to the headliner on the Ghia.If I had to choose between fastback and squareback,I'd go with the fastback since its roofline is already "going away".A rear spoiler like Frank has mentioned would get you re-attached flow.You could also do multiple foils like Merkur did in the 1980s with the Xr4Ti.MetroMPG has a thread for a" permanent Kammback".If you do a search for that,you'll find an aerodynamic template which would provide the proper geometry for your spoiler(s).That would get you started.A fresh 13-mm 6-point open-end wrench and feeler gauge for the valves and you're good to go!