View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
stevey_frac
EcoModding Apprentice

Jalilah - '07 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
90 day: 40.57 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
stevey_frac -

I agree with ChrstphrR, MetroMPG has a really good DIY.

If you don't want to drill any holes, then you need to figure out how to "reuse" whatever existing holes you have. I found some (partial) pictures of Cobalt fender liners :

http://www.griptuning.com/ImgApp/install/0000000130.pdf
(Look on page 10)

From these pictures, it looks like there are a lot of fastening holes to work with, at least towards the bottom.

Can you remove your rear fender liner and take pictures, or count the number and location of fastening holes you have?

Even if you don't use the existing holes, you can make holes in the inner fender liner as needed. This is a *replaceable* piece of the car that doesn't serve an aesthetic purpose. You can always restore the car by covering the holes or getting another set of fender liners.

CarloSW2
I'm not worried about attaching the covers, or punching holes in the fender liner. There are actually a LOT of existing screws to stick it on. What I would like to do is make a little bubble that sits around the lip of the fender, and pops out about an inch. I can hinge it at the top, and use rubber feet, and use small bungee cords to hold it to the side. The hard part is making them...