View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
It's not really ESP.
It's just plain old experience from observation.
Kind of an "I've seen this scenario before,----- and now the idiot in the red car is going to cut off the idiot in the green car -------- who is going to dart into my lane" kind of wisdom.
You will gather these experiences the more you drive.
You will watch in horror as some inattentive person try's to dart across traffic and ends up T-Boned because he did not have a clear view of the road he was entering. (yes I did see it, but couldn't stiop it)
And as you gather this information your mind will store it in the back archives for when you encounter it again so you will feel the Deja Vu and slow down a little more to allow these fools to try and merge two cars into one.

I have been driving since I was 12, got my license at 15 1/2.
When I was driving illegally, I was OH SO careful.
When I got my license, I lost it for demerit points (all speeding) within 3 months. (my younger brother TOTALED his first car on the way home from DMV with his brand new license in his pocket and our Dad in the passenger seat) ROFL

It is not how well you CAN drive.
It is how well you WILL drive.

I will drive to the best of my ability from now till I can't see straight any more.
At that point I have instructed my children to take my car(s) and license away.
By force if necessary. I will not wish to be a hazard on the road any more.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein