View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroschultz View Post
Wasn't it Darwin who said "survival of the fittest"? One corollary being: early mortality to the unobservant.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. A govenment that rewards the lazy (welfare for fat slobs with no intention of getting a job, and pumping out children they are teaching that lifestyle is okay) and punishing the producers (you and I who use ingenuity to save money, go to work and make something of ourselves, and hopefully teaching our kids the same in the process) is backwards and cannot survive. Dump welfare and social programs that are similar to it. Do like they do in most other countries, and the families would take care of the aging and ill. You are more likely to go out and get a job if your mom is *****ing at you than if a government official is sending you letters in your welfare check every month telling you where there are job openings.

Back on the subject, I am happy with the turnout so far with the poll, and only a few days left.
The fact of the matter is, when you raise the taxes, as they have in Massachusetts over the past few decades, the quality of the services doesn't increase, nor does the happiness of the residents. We have an out of control legislature that believes that when you raise taxes on goods and services, people will pay it and revenue will increase. Wrong. The people in Mass are just going to buy their products elsewhere where it's cheaper. The cost of a pack of smokes went up 63 cents, gas taxes are a proposed to go up 19-25 cents. What? They think we can't drive to New Hampshire and get the same thing for less? Raising the toll costs on roads whose toll was supposed to just pay for the road when the roads they were built on have been paid for three times over now? Where the hell is the logic there? Get a clue guys, listen to the people who elected you or get out.