View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Istas
is not covered in bees.

Honda - '05 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.16 mpg (US)

Insight - '00 Honda Insight w A/C
90 day: 66.55 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Istas
Greetings from a newcomer

Hello all

I've been reading up on this site a lot lately, and finally thought of a good reason to post, so, Greetings!

I drive a 1992 Subaru Legacy L, non-turbo FWD. It's got an automatic transmission (unfortunately for fuel economy), but I'm making due with what I have. At least the torque converter lock kicks in as low as 40-45 mph.

I've been paying attention to fuel economy for a while (I've kept track of every fill-up over the 4.5 years that I've had the car), but never really realized/thought of modding the car for that purpose, so I've been reading this forum and soaking things in like a sponge.

I've got a K&N air filter. I've removed the door mirrors (apparently legal in PA too), and I'll be cobbling together some rear wheel skirts soon. Also going to block some of the vents in the front bumper, and that's why I decided to pick right now to post; I'll be starting a thread (if I don't find one already done about my car) requesting opinions on which openings to block and where for my particular bumper.

Anyway, glad to say hi.