View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Istas
is not covered in bees.

Honda - '05 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.16 mpg (US)

Insight - '00 Honda Insight w A/C
90 day: 66.55 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Istas
Thanks! I chose it as a joke, but it's fitting. Those people with "Mustang" or "Civic" written across the tops of their windshields... if I felt like wasting the visibility, I would spell out "CAR" across the top, just as a parody. But I like being able to see.

There are actually three grilles (a narrow one between the top and bottom), but that pretty much answers my question, so I won't even need to ask that in another thread.

(picture of the front, just in case anyone's curious)

I'll look into how to get one of those LEDs patched into the wiring, and then block the top, center, and partially block at least the sides of the bottom grille. Eventually I'll try doing a full just-barely-as-low-as-the-lowest-element-of-the-underside-of-my-car airdam, but that comes after the rear wheel skirts.

Yeah, for a while now I've been paying extra attention to accelerating smoothly, not going any faster than about 60mph (as long as I'm not producing a dangerous blockage in heavy traffic), coasting down to stop signs, lights, stopped traffic, and turns, and trying my hardest to keep the torque converter lock engaged.

Thanks for the input!

I would already have a ScanGuageII, if my car had the OBD2 jack. As it is I am thinking about getting an MPGuino, but I worry that my sticking speedometer might produce inaccurate results. Another detriment to testing is that I don't have cruise control either.