View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
jason.thompson
EcoModding Lurker

Alright sorry for saying you were an ant smasher. Clearly you are not since we are still talking, calmly. There are so many of those types around it makes me nervous to chat openly.

Ok now that we are on the same page lets get on the same text. What studies have you been looking at that prove small amounts of hydrogen injected into the combustion chamber don't increase efficiency?

Do you believe hydrogen does not reduce emissions?

Gasoline engines always run homogenous unless they are direct injection right?

Diesels are heterogeneous meaning they burn fuel in a diffusion flame (like a candle) except when they are running Low Temperature Combustion right?

A guy told me this. Hydrogen acts as a sledgehammer and smashes the fuel apart giving the flame more surface area to bight. Since diesel fuel only burns on the edges of the mist and drops don't burn at all it seems to me diesel engines would be able to benefit from hydrogen.

Sandia National Laboratories has a machine where they can actually look inside the cylinder when ignition and all the things that follows takes place. If the flame is blue or whiite that means hot. Red and yellow =cold and incomplete. I don't know this for sure I just built a lot of campfires.

Have you ever seen a hydrogen flame in person? That is what made me believe.