View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #51 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

I've had 100 bucks in my checking and thats got to last me 3 months food, gas and my electric bill. With no income. I was in college at the time and I ate strictly rice.

I'm not saying low income folks ought to quit complaining. I'm just saying anyone who says that regressive taxes aren't fair. . .don't have to pay progressive taxes.

I'm all in favor of less taxes all the way around for less services. Take away all my social medicare, security, unemployment, and disability benefits and I'll just keep half my taxes(because 50% of government spending goes to those programs). I'd like to keep 66% of the money they take and do away with my contributions to other countries and delegations to states as well as my stake in paying IRS agents, legislators and executive officers. They can keep the 1/3 of my taxes that goes to fund defense. I've got no problems with that.

I've been on short term disability, unemployed and sick and never used any of them. I paid for private insurance and just sucked it up when no work was available.

If I can you can.