View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #57 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

I don't do any of those things. I occassionaly drive to the movies or caves. Thats it.

No one in my like 8 neighbors works where I work and none of them leave when I do. There is no mass transit from my house to work or from one job to the next. There is no one at either location that lives close enough that car pooling is worth it.

Try again?

Yeah I will admit alot of people can give up alot of driving, but for those who can't streamline our transportation anymore what about us?

Its entirely beside the point. Any vote for any taxis a vote for more wasted money. I can promise you any tax dollar spent is a tax dollar I could make go 3-4 times further. So every time you bump gas taxes and take 30-40 more cents from me the government wastes 35 cents uses 5 and then complains, whereas I would have achieved an equivalent 1.20$ effect that they did.

Until the notion that bureacratic waste is acceptable goes away and comparing private and public sector projects is not a joke, I will continue to complain. But while the government continues to spend millions on projects that private contractors could perform better, faster and for 1/3 the price I'm never going to support any government spending.