View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
round.boater
EcoModding Lurker

I've actually got the 4.2L V6 in there - the guy at the dealership swore up and down that Ford didn't make the STX trim with a V6 until I popped the hood. Dunno how it came to be, I bought it used.

As for the 24mpg, I have the mechanical fan out, and my runs out to Utah include both some time at 55 in Glenwood Canyon and some time coasting. I actually felt a big difference coming down I-70 from the tunnel today, stretches where I used to have to push on the gas a bit I was still keeping up with traffic coasting, and I could get that beautiful 9999 on my ScanGuage for longer while engine braking.

Thanks for the offer of hardware, but I already have all the hardware I need. I'm just filling in the rounded edge of the fiberglass and getting ready to mount a piece of angle aluminum to hold the locking mechanism. The key latch is already in and ready for cable.

Also, one of the curtain latches fell off. I'm going to replace it with one of these: McMaster-Carr to avoid using tape - and I'll likely bolt it through the fiberglass for permanance.