View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
stevey_frac
EcoModding Apprentice

Jalilah - '07 Chevrolet Cobalt LT
90 day: 40.57 mpg (US)
Wow, now this is a thread I can add too!

I totaled two cars in two months. These were some of the first months of my driving. Both times i was sober. Both times i was going well under the speed limit. Both times I was the only vehicle involved.

I want you to think about that. Now add in that i was 17 at the time, and imagine what the insurance people did to me.

The first accident, it was very very icy. I slid through a T intersection and fell into the ditch on the other side. I hit on enough of an angle to write off the car by destroying the transmission. (it was an old car).

The second accident, I started driving off, and the window fogged up on me. I steered over to the side of the road to try and clean the window off better. I hit a parked Jeep and managed to roll the car. It rolled very gently. Gentlest way to completely destroy a vehicle. The driver window broke, and i undid my belt and fell out the broken window. Both accidents i walked away without so much as a scratch. For which i am very thankful.

Finally. After 6 years accident free, and about 300k kms of driving. I got rear-ended by a full size lexus (LS430) on the 2nd day i got my smart car. Did about $1000 worth of cosmetic damage to the smart, and wrote off the lexus. Lexus crumpled like a wet rag around the reinforced steel frame of the smart. His fault. I stopped. He failed to.

-Steve