View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
ev59rag
EcoModding Lurker

Maybe you dont need to rewind????

Maybe I can point you to another source. I also mentioned this from the other thread. But here it goes. I have a ES-31C double shaft motor (not installed yet). The main reason is to do the same alternator/regen configuration (hoping)...

I have this unit that i use for my wind turbine. Im not selling or even connected with the company. Some people says its no good but I want to try it myself anyway. I cant say its good or bad since my wind source from where I live is not really consistent thats why I moved to solar. Now its just collecting dust from my garage.

Back to the subject... Since I have the alternator already, the only thing left form me is to use it. As you can see on the graph, that it can provide 15 amps at more that 100 volts (open) depending on the rpm.

And if your going to check their website, they have 4 alternators that are designed for different situations. Whats also interesting is that you can also buy just the stator if thats what you need if you already have a matching alternator from junk shop i suppose. I think the best alternator for our use is the DC-500... If mine does not work then I might try to buy just the stator to convert it to DC-500. They claim that it can produce 150 amps and 100 open volts @ 1000 rpm. So maybe we need to do a ratio pulley or something like the old aircooled vw configuration. I believe that these are perfect fit from a Delco 10si alternator.

I hope i dont sound selling or promoting. Just to give you another source of info... There are so many sellers out there on ebay claiming this and that. So no guarantee from me that my theory will work... But we will find out soon.

Cesar