View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
gsimpson
EcoModding Lurker

FocunStein - '02 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 37.14 mpg (US)

theSeven - '88 Mazda RX-7 GXL
90 day: 21.89 mpg (US)

Steve - '93 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 41.35 mpg (US)
Daox: Thanks for the welcome! I have read many of your posts, and have already learned much.

MetroMPG: Oh no, I didn't realize that there was yet ANOTHER unit conversion to deal with. Being here in Canada I generally work in L/100km, and just convert back to MPG since those numbers make more sense to me. I find am always switching between metric and imperial measurements, my weight I understand in lbs, but distance I understand in km. I think there are a couple generations of people around here that are stuck between like me.

So I guess I will have to go dig around the forums and figure out the difference between imperial and US gallons and re-calculate. I don't have a clue which one the Buick uses for calculations, there's a nifty button that just switches the entire car from metric to .. uh .. non-metric. But there's a chance that I have been using the wrong gallon conversions with my fuel log, I'll have to double check and edit it if necessary.

Actually as a cool side-note, it's a silly little thing, but they don't bother to run both KM and Miles on the speedo, they just move the needle when you switch metric/non. Just struck me as a "duh, I should have thought of that" concept. Ok, so maybe I'm a nerd for finding that interesting. HE HE.