View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
bgd73
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
Citroen AX rotors are much harder to find, 3 were crushed and melted recently and I should have grabbed a pair as there are none around here at the moment. Except for my complete and running other 2 AX's, maybe I should wreck/break/part one of them, probably worth more that way anyway, AND I have my rotors right here

Being carburetted I use gas when engine braking, ignition on or off.

Over the last 6 months hardly more than a couple of dollars gas MAXIMUM would have been used, during needed engine braking.

Better than worn rotors. I was penny pinching and look what happened.
I am carbed, but do not notice gas, it would rather the pcv and suck on the engine base in a round about feed. In a way this is good, but the reason for good is too rare to keep it that way. Fuel injection has a thing called "air bypass" when engine braking, it is supposed to just let air in and not the fuel. I was just pondering using the uselss egr valve filtered to open air and let the high vacuum of letting off throttle open it..work like a charm and get it past the carbs venturi, carb would think it was idling
As myfuel is already in the hyper realm, this bypass would make it for anyone to keep acheiving. I know what engine brakes do to natural venturi, alot don't. the king of fuel air and its simple problems...