View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #95 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I can't sell the Van, actually... two reasons - I love her, and she's better than my wife's car... we need a "spare" in case her car dies, which is more likely "imminent" than "just in case". It's not dangerously broken or anything, just old and fussy. (I can't believe I just called it old.. it's a '94... I'm used to driving '70/'80's cars.)

What I'll probably end up doing is waiting until I get another job, probably in a couple weeks or so, then I may just finance one... I'll pay a bit more for it that way, but I'll gain credit as well, and that way, if I don't "fit" that particular bike, I can just return it and get a different one, like a Suzy Katana or something.

So, while I appreciate the suggestion, unfortunately, I can't justify it right now. I doubt I'll ever get rid of Cara... she's just too good, and I can't beat the cost/benefit ratio on her... I've got less than $500 into her, not counting paperwork and what-not, and I'm already over 7k miles, including "utility" miles... during which, she paid for herself by saving me from renting a truck/U-haul.