View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #1600 (permalink)
squiggles
EcoModding Apprentice

Dear team, just like to play devils advocate for a moment.
Been having a scan of the designs and have a few simple questions/comments.
1. I note that there are opto isolators on the pcb with circuit tracks passing between the row of pins. This effectively reduces the isolation level. It is not necessarily a problem if the isolation level required is low. It should be considered though.

2. I am a little nervous about the NAND gate circuit, can somebody please describe its purpose. Again it may be absolutely fine and could be me causing problems for no good reason.

3. In the software posted on the WIKI I see several while(); statements that look like potential hang points to me. Look at each one and ask is it possible that the exit condition does not occur. For instance in ReadCurrent() are we 100% positive the conversion will complete 100% of the time. What happens if it does not, will the WDT rescue us? Is that the best outcome?

4. Purely for my benefit, where is the TIMER1 initialised?

5. For future versions, maybe it would be better to build a Delay_uSec(int) routine rather than the simple Delay(int), only because tells us something and if it uses #defines as the count numbers is is easily adjusted for different speed processors.

Last edited by squiggles; 06-07-2009 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: spelling