View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
My girlfriend knows that I do it...sometimes she makes jokes about it being an "obsession" but she has never gotten into it...she even makes jokes when we have to take a highway trip (which my Prius does worse mpg on the highway than city driving) saying "Guess we're taking my car today?" Realistically we SHOULD be taking my Prius everywhere as it gets 40+ mpg better than her Jeep Patriot but she knows it will kill me to sacrifice my mpg on the highway...a little backwards but, yes, it's an obsession!

The closest she has come to getting involved recently has been resetting her Trip A mileage when she fills up so I know she is tracking how many miles she drives on a tank. She doesn't do the math with the fill up but at least she is aware of how many miles she gets on a tank.

Doubtful she will do anything about it though...other than telling me I'm driving too slow when she's in the car with me!

My boss at work make a good effort to get better mpg...we both have Prius. On a daily/weekly basis we both mention what mpg we have on our MFD at the time (kind of a game to motivate us both). He's usually in the low to mid 50's so he's doing ok in his. I know he uses neutral coast once in awhile and has his tires close to max psi.

A friend at work joined ecomodder about a month after I did but he fizzled out on keeping track of his fuel log and never got into it.