View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #1654 (permalink)
jeffkay
EcoModding Lurker

Feature Idea

Hey Paul and Sabrina! I have been reading about the bug and your motor controller. I am the creator of "Deep Cycle", a lithium powered 1973 Yamaha Motorcycle and I also have an electric bug called "Bugtera"...It now has three wheels and is AC powered. I wanted to jump in and suggest a feature for your controller that my bud Marko Fox and I always wished for on our Curtis and Allrax controllers: A simple trim pot for adjusting the current limit (and maybe other functions like ramps). This would make it easy so you need not hook up computers or change the programming, etc. Your Atmel would be able to read those easy enough I would guess.

Also, for others thinking of making their own homemade controllers: How about starting with a cheapo cordless drill controller and simply opto-coupling to the high-voltage section? This would be easy for bikes and such. Maybe not so good with the cars as you would have to add more circuitry for the ramps and current limiting, etc...

Regarding the other guy's water cooled plumbing: How about square copper tubing (does it exist?) so you can mount the Muppets right onto it?

Regards, Jeff K. Burbank, CA