View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
krousdb
Ecomodding Amateur

Cold Fusion - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 67.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb View Post
Since I have been offered a free oil analysis, I thought it might be interesting to see what the results look like. I have just hit 15k miles on the current 0W20 M1, planning on stretching it 20k. I have 120k total miles on the Prius.

Anyway, I replaced the filter and used what oil came out as the test sample. In hind sight, that might not be the preferred method, but it is what it is. I will be sending the sample to ANA labs in Bellmawr NJ. Hopefully, those of you who know about oil analysis can help me decipher the results. Any idea how long it takes to get results?
The oil analysis was offered to me free of charge by a vendor and I was sent a bottle and a prepaid envelope. I never got the results. The sample I sent was 25k miles (130k total miles on the car). Since then, I changed at 155k and plan to change at 180k. Currently at 171k. Someone has offered to pay for my 180k analysis so maybe I will have something to share.

Usually I use a Fram filter. Yes, I know it is the worst you can buy, but it proves my point that even the worst is good enough.

I changed the trans fluid at 130k.

I am still using the original spark plugs, coolant, hoses and belt.

Brakes are also original.