View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #157 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Thanks for the cover Metro. The only rebuttal to hyperyaris I will mention is "keep a fuel log on this site and go toe to toe with the big boys." Please save the "I keep a fuel log on another site" or "I keep a fuel log on paper" comments...it doesn't fly on here if you want to be fully vested in ecomodder.

While we're on the topic of fuel logs...I fell just short of my best all-time tank with my fillup yesterday. I think the tinkering with a new route for 125+ miles got me as I fell just 0.4 mpg short of besting my all-time tank.

And, if anyone needs further proof the inflatable bladder gas tank in the Prius is highly unpredictable...I had 1 pip left on my fuel guage when I filled up and I only filled just over 8.2 gallons into the car at the first click (it was 55 degrees at the time of fillup...I am guessing a 75 degree day would have allowed more gas to enter the bladder...the Prius bladder is an 11.9 gallon max).

I'm still running my grill block as the temps in MA have not crested 75 degrees on a regular basis. Avg. temp of the 15 days of my tank was only 67.4 degrees with only 4 days over 75 degrees. I'll keep it installed until I see a good stretch of warm days.