View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
TomO
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
It's good advice to follow. The hard part is getting people to see the light that all the little things add up into something palpable.

Every road I drive on has two lanes of traffic going in the same direction. I always stay in the right lane and go the speed limit. The highest speed limit on my route is 65MPH. I will go up to 65 since it's only for 2 minutes of my commute. The rest of my trip is spent at 55MPH. Even going the speed limit I'm passed often. The only thing is: I don't feel bad for making people have to pass me since A) They are the ones going beyond the speed limit, B) They have a passing lane and have plenty of time to see that I'm not speeding since there are no hills on my route, and C) They have a chance to see my license plate frame "My car is slow but 50+MPG".

If there ever is a semi barreling upon me, even above the speed limit, I will make sure that they are able to pass easily.

Also, when I get passed by a semi and they want to get in front of me, I make sure to signal to them by blinking the high beams twice. I always get a great response from the truckers with the parking light flash from them. I also do this to let them know I see them and it is safe to pull in front of me from a merging/on ramp lane.