View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
hondo434
EcoModding Apprentice

Alty-magnet - '06 Nissan Altima SE
90 day: 33.83 mpg (US)

maxi-magnet II - '12 Nissan Maxima S
Doviatt, I've read just about every link on the internet. I like to read what everyone has to say, even unrelated to car savings, but listening to what they are really saying. A lot of reports are reiterating old invalid tests that need to be updated and no one knows how to really test this effect.
Something happened when I put the magnets on. It's not just one car. I have a 97 maxima which also shows much better milage and performance on regular gas and actually was the first car I put the it on. This car is the I usually drive, which is very little, and not even taken on a trip to see what the highway milage is. The car that really convinced me that something is going on is my father's 2003 mercury marquis. With a 4.6 liter v-8, what better car to try it on. He said he was getting 20 mpg on the trip up. So we filled the tank And drove to cooperstown and back about 160 miles all on one day, same tire pressure, same weather, same weight, when we got back we refilled the tank read the milage figured gallons used.
we drove 160 miles 5.4 gallons of gas. This figures out to be 29.6 mpg. I've owned mercury marquis for 7 years and lincoln towncar for 7 years and have never acheived more than 25 mpg. There is almost a 20% difference in milage.
We will do more tests with and without magnets to verify results.