View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
LeanBurninating
EcoModding Punk

Honduh Power - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.37 mpg (US)
I am glad to see this thread, I am wanting to talk to more people with CA spec hx's. Since I have installed my mpguino, Ive been watching my instant mpgs and my gallon/hour reading to try to get a better feel for whether or not I am in LB.

Before I had any instrumentation I got two or three tanks at 49 mpg average. Now, my mileage has gotten worse. I try to maintain the best instant mpgs all the time and in the end I think it is killing me. So now lately I have been sucking it on my instant mpgs while I accelerate for the sake of getting to cruising speed a bit quicker and holding a much higher cruising instant mpg.

Help me out, what am I doing wrong?

I have that $20 digital voltmeter kit from australia in the mail, that will let me watch lean burn a LOT better.

Also, just FYI my car has a "faulty" ECU that throws a code occasionally similarly to yours Bruce, except mine is for a 02 sensor reading slowly. There is a TSB for it and apparently the ecu just needs to be replaced with an updated version. Its like $600 so I just deal with the light coming on every 1 to 2 months.