View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
gem
Citicar Owner

Citicar - '75 Vanguard Citicar
Nope

When I was in high school during the 70's gas crunch, my father bought it from a school teacher in Indiana. It was the school teacher and his wife's only ride. The wife got pregnant and the teacher had to sell it for mire seats after owning it less than a year.

Dad bought for my mother and it was her only ride for several years for 2 mile trips to the store. Dad was pretty advanced for the 70's... he also put up a wind generator that the local utility company actually paid him for excess power he put on the grid..... but I digress...

I drove it back then for grins....use to crash parades... cruise around giving out candy. It was (and is) so odd looking and unique that no one ever questioned me in the parade... thought I was a young Shriner I guess.

Anyway, Dad put it in his barn in '82 in perfect running condition. About 5 years ago I looked inside and found that a family of raccoons had tore apart the seats. He told me to take it, so I did. Found the brakes locked up at that time, just removed them to relocate it.

It's been in my barn for about 5 years waiting for that proverbial round tuit. I got it out about two weeks ago and have started cleanup and brake rebuild.