View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I have two things to say about this post above me.

First off, it's been edited, and thankfully so. The originally posted words might have been found offensive by more than just the person they were directed toward, and that's probably not a good thing.

Secondly, "shovel" you don't know that that biker wasn't driving "in accordance with america's traffic laws" as you put it.

What if the roles occurred that the biker was actually driving safely, but the Metro pulled out in front of him, in such a manner that he didn't have time to stop?

Maybe a little more objectivity would stop the situation from flaring... just an outsider's opinion.

In all honesty, it probably isn't likely that the bike would have entered the car that far at only 65 MPH (up to 80 MPH, I suppose, depending on what state), but OTOH, the car could have had a damaged door/structure already, as is all too common with Metros. (Chassis damage, that is.) If that's the case, the bike might well have done exactly that at only 65-70 Miles per hour.

To any extent, you can't subjectively determine what exactly happened in that accident, so you can't disparage the person who posted it, even if it was in response to something you said.