View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 04:28 AM   #1716 (permalink)
charlie_fd
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I don't seem to be able to explain properly. Maybe someone else should try?

My answer would be:

(for a new local working copy):

- "Checkout" the project to the local disk
- If you don't have local modifications continue to work on the trunk/HighVoltageController.c file as it came from the svn.
- If you allready have modifications since your last commit replace the entire content of trunk/HighVoltageController.c with your code. Then "SVN Update" (will merge the modifications from the svn with your own). Then "SVN Commit" will publish your modifications to the svn.
- continue to work on this file from now on. Always do "update" before changing thinks and commit when your are satisfied with your changes.

(for an already existing local copy):
- Just do "SVN Update"
- Continue to work on it

OK, checkout isn't an option now anywhere that I look, so I can't get past step 1 above.

tps report... pc load letter?

The directory that I downloaded a while back used to have a little green thing on it, and now it's red. I bet that's significant.

I think I just sent HighVoltageControllerImproved.c (which is the very much unimproved test version of the software, with the 2 numbers changed so that the pwm signal works.)

HEY! I JUST DOWNLOADED A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL OF SOME TERMINAL PROGRAM, AND I HAVE THE CURRENT DISPLAYING ON SCREEN! ya!
That's cool. Hmm.. There are a lot ofpossibilities with that!
Paul,

It's great that you have fixed the software! The code you are using for serial link (chris stuff) is converting from hex to ASCII inside the uC witch in my opinion is a waste of uC cycles (the conversion can be done in the client on the computer). Also, you are using the classic "wait for transmission ready" algorithm so every second you will stop the program to do the ASCII conversion (3 characters) and the transmission of 5 characters. Have you taken a look at the interrupt based transmission algorithm I'm using? Basically every second you could just fill a buffer with the values you want transmitted and enable the relevant interrupt. The interrupt will be fired each time the data register is ready to receive the next character letting the program do it's job during the actual transmission.

I gave up on the idea of working together on the same code via svn. in the version I was using I'll adjust the code manually to match your latest upload , and let only the (improved) serial transmission code from my version. It looks like we also have a java client for it now (thank you roverT).