View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Not that I look like it today, but I am still a biking advocate. When I lived in Hawaii I got back into cycling after too many years away. Two bikes? 4 bikes? At any given time I had 13 or more. Grabbed most of them before the trash truck got them. Rebuilt many of them for neighborhood kids, and disadvantaged kids in the program my wife I and participated in. Seeing a kids face light up over a simple bike never ever got old...

I had for myself, a KHS Fiero roadie that has been through many parts swaps. Still have this bike, and it is in need of a lot of work. Can't decide what to do with it right now.
I had a well built Iron Horse MTB until someone stole it (miss those Scott AT4 "aero" bars!!).
I had a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed that had one modification. Tubes filled with lead. If you can climb with that bike...
I had a handfull of just fun bikes, one was a single speed fixed, another was a single speed with brakes and cutdown old steel handlebars. You get the idea...

A couple years ago, a friend gave me his old Fisher Hoo-Koo-E-Koo. some no-name front spring fork and needed a good going through.

Currently I'm looking for a tandem. My wife is feeling better and really wants on a bike. She isn't strong enough to light up a Life Cycle currently... I only need a simple bike. I know I'll do most of the work. But I could sure use it...

Back on topic. I believe we need to be energy independent. Closing off areas where we have oil doesn't make us independent. We need to attack this on both fronts, produce our own oil and produce more efficient vehicles. Another front, educate drivers...