View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
jonathan150cc
EcoModding Lurker

Metro - '98 Chevrolet Metro LSi
90 day: 44.6 mpg (US)
50cc max out at 45 after you derestrict them. A 150cc scooter will do 45 all day and they max out around 60, in stock form.

The Chinese scoots are almost on par, at least the engines are, with the Japanese stuff. The cheapness about them comes from the crappy plastics that they use. That being said, I have a 2008 Lifan built scooter and it's one of my favorite vehicles. Maintenance is a breeze and it didn't even cost me $1000.

If you really want to strech out and be comfy on long backroad rides, I would go for the "touring" style scooter of the "sport" style. They have the same engine, so the touring scoots get slightly worse mileage due to the extra weight and other accesories, but you won't feel as cramped on long rides.

I'm 5'11" and daily jaunts are comfortable for on the sport frame, but I wouldn't try riding for hours at a time until I after I've finished modding my saddle. I'm planning on shaving out the rear section so that I can sit farther away from the controls. The stock curveature of the seat isn't a natural position for my rear end.

but I digress...