View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
scooter trailer

The only snag I've been able to anticipate with a home-built scooter or MC trailer,is that since they're motor vehicles,the constabulary may want to see DOT rated tires and wheels on them.Otherwise,I think they are free game.------ I have one of those 1/2 bikes,that a parent would hook to they're bicycle,and a small child would "ride" in tandem.The thing is already configured to hitch to the the seat stem of a bike,it has handlebars,seat,pedals and rear wheel.-----If you strip away all the extraneous stuff your left with the foundation for a quick and dirty 1-wheel trailer.------- Mine gets a kayak 1/2 body.A motorcycle ( scooter ) version would get a Honda-50 type DOT-rated front wheel/tire and high-speed bearing set and angle king-pin attachment to allow the trailer to bank with the bike.--------- I've already proved the design behind the CRX,it would just be smaller for a MC/scooter.----------- If you did a good composite design,you wouldn't need a "chassis",the whole trailer could be designed as a structural unit and very light.