View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
240addict
EcoModding Lurker

Sipper - '98 Volkswagen Jetta
90 day: 40.57 mpg (US)

Crusher - '01 Ford F350 XLT
90 day: 18.06 mpg (US)
The Chin spoiler will be replaced with one that hangs down an inch lower to ensure it hangs lower than anything else under the car.

Motivation is Fuel Economy and the challenge of improving the design and of course learning more about aerodynamics.

The Car came with a rear spoiler and windshield wiper which I removed and fiberglassed over the holes, next up will be getting rid of the sunroof. I also filled in the front Vents under the running lights on the nose of the car to smooth it out some. Once I get the car as slippery as possible I will begin tuning the motor for maximum fuel economy with an Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Wideband 02 Kit and Nistune ECU. I have stripped out much of the uneccesary stuff in the car to save weight as well. The car as it sits should be around 2,650 lbs my plans will drop another 200lbs for the weight if all goes as planned with some other mods. I will weighing it shortly to confirm this estimate.

The pop up headlights are not too much of a concern since I rarely drive at night.

Last edited by 240addict; 06-22-2009 at 10:52 AM..