View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
shovel
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
If only someone would invent an "Obnoxious Subwoofer Canceling System".
I don't know about in your neighborhood, but in California and Arizona pretty much every city has noise ordinances and generally weeks go by between times I hear someone blasting their car stereo. It does me no harm.

What I do hear constantly is harleys with straight pipes, and they're WAY WAY louder than most car stereos. Sure, loud pipes save lives... but they don't have to be THAT loud.

The way I see it, everyone does something that annoys others. I don't like to smell flatulence, but people do it, and that's OK. I don't like to hear harleys, but people ride them and that's OK. I don't like to drive behind a slowass, but people do it, and that's OK.

Freedom for anyone means freedom for everyone and as long as they're not doing you tangible, physical harm or interrupting your food supply or your own freedom, we should all simply accept that we have to let others have their fun too. If NOBODY stepped on anyone's toes once in a while that would mean we all were locked in a cage, because at some point every single one of us annoys someone else with something we're doing, or something we're causing.