View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Troy, Pa.
Posts: 8,919

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,369
Thanked 430 Times in 353 Posts
If the vehicle has a Salvage title, it doesn't need to be titled. It's already titled, it just has to be inspected and a reconstruction mark added to the title. If you buy a total loss from the insurance company, then you need to retitle it.

I drive a car w/ a reconstructed title on it, my wife's Grand Prix. The car literally had the rear bumper fall off. The insurance company totaled it, the guy bought it back, fixed the bumper, then re-titled it with a reconstructed brand in PA.

I bought the car for $400 and have been driving it ever since, and besides basic GM BS, it's been great.
"ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

  Reply With Quote