View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 03:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
ev59rag
EcoModding Lurker

On the EV side of the work, I had time to play around and worked on my battery mock-ups. I have decided that Im going to use those Costco/Kirkland deep cycle batteries for my first batch. I have good experienced with them before from my solar/wind energy setup so Im going to use them here again for my EV. I know, i know that they have totally different AH use and this will be not the perfect battery for EV. But right now, everything is still on the testing side, or what if side... Besides, Im planning to do a 72 volts x 2 set to bump up my AH to 230 to double the range in theory. I dont need the speed but I need the range. So 50mph for me is more than enough but I need at least 50 miles of range.

Here I am figuring out how to assemble/cut the boxes I got from our office storage.

I can fit 5 at the back so thats only 60 volts... So how fast is 60 volts? anybody? Why only 5 at the back? I was hoping I can retain the back seat for a stock look. We will see and besides I can also fit 5 on the front where the gas tank used to be.

Parting out my EV.
ES-31C D&D Motor
Alltrax 7245 Controller
Paul & Sabrina's Controller (never used)