View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
ev59rag
EcoModding Lurker

Geebee, you are correct, thats another option. Im just worried about the weight of the battery and I might not be able to support/fabricate it well.... I dont want it falling from the back and creating accident. But I think I will rethink this approach. Maybe my only option?

Elhigh, the battery Im using (already have) is a bit large and wont fit on the original location of the vw battery. It might also start fire because of the springs at the bottom of the seat accidentaly touching the battery (common mistake). Even if we prefab the location in such a way that we can even lower the battery to fit under there, battery is still its too high. I was thinking of maybe using a different battery brand size and AH for one set, and another one different for the second set. But Im worried about the different AH will screw up the overall total AH. This way if this is possible, then I can buy a smaller AH sealed battery for the inside cabin and ordinary deep cycle battery for the outside... We will see how that idea goes. I need to research more about different AH battery on a pack.

Parting out my EV.
ES-31C D&D Motor
Alltrax 7245 Controller
Paul & Sabrina's Controller (never used)

Last edited by ev59rag; 06-23-2009 at 12:30 PM..