View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #44 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Celevette, I kinda like it

Summer is officially here, with real temps for a change. It has been 70-80F every day, and probably about 50F mornings. Since then every day I have gotten 35-37 mpg to work and back at 50-55 mph highway speed.

Last week I banged my head under a different car I was working on and had to go get a cat scan. I was ok to drive, was just having head pain when sneezing or straining. Had to drive about 50 miles out of the way since our insurance is not accepted locally. But I got about 45 mpg there, and 38 or 39 mpg back. Good deal, plus the cat scan turned out fine, they said just to keep ice on it every now and then.

MPGs are definitely better than summertime last year. I bet I can get 40+ going downstate, gotta go sometime this weekend, probably Sunday.

Next thing I am thinking of is rear wheel skirts, but I will have to come up with something a bit different than typical, since the wheels stick out some. Also there is a little side play in the factory setup that I have to account for, this is still GM's first design of a FWD midsize car rear suspension.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver