View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Istas
is not covered in bees.

Honda - '05 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 27.16 mpg (US)

Insight - '00 Honda Insight w A/C
90 day: 66.55 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Istas
I am using a standard pre-built without any mods, in a case.

I checked out that thread, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I didn't know about the backlight before, as I was still wiring it up. I'll definitely leave it off during the day from now on. I've also added some heatsinks to the regulator; that should help even if there are no overheating problems. I also secured some shoddy wiring that I'd attempted. (I didn't have a lot of luck with the default included connector with the little pins; instead, I scrounged a floppy drive power connector from an unused PSU)

I've also been having a weird problem where it reboots when I beep the horn. At first this was at least intuitive, if not expected, as I had the power coming from the horn fuse in the fuse box, but since then I've run a dedicated wire right from the positive lead on the battery to the MPGuino (through its own 3-amp fuse, I know less than that could probably damage the MPGuino but it was the least amp blade fuse they had) and through an on/off toggle switch to easily shut off power to it. And it still has rebooted when beeping the horn. Someone suggested a capacitor to smooth out the power supply some.

I'll look into the regulator and capacitor(s) when I get home. (I'm on vacation right now, and I have a 2500 mile drive home starting tomorrow at 7 AM)

EDIT: Sorry for the somewhat repeat of information there, the page didn't show my post even after rebooting the computer and I thought it had not posted correctly.

Last edited by Istas; 06-25-2009 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: The page didn't update even after shutting down the computer and loading it again; I thought my previous post had not posted.