View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
arollinstone
White Liner

engine and tranny ID

Hey Guys, I just bought a 98 Metro. I took the engine and tranny out that was cobbled together from a earlier Metro. I put in a engine that I knew that ran good and everything is fine except the updates i want to do such as a cam swap and other fun stuff for good fuel milage. Just for ****s and giggles a n d because i like to tear things apart, I found out that the engine i took out is a xfi because of the 2 ring pistons GREAT! right? But how can i be sure i have an xfi cam even though it looks like the head was never removed. Are there any ID numbers stamped on the head or block to confirm what it is? Also since this car was a mishmash when i got it, Im not sure what tranny was put in or left out. Is there a way to ID the tranny short of tearing it apart to find out what the final drive ratio is? THANKS! By the way, I already have THE HOLY GRAIL, a 94 xfi modified with the great ideas i've learned from you guys and a few of my own. Wish i could make it to that meet in July, I'd supply the music (i do the DJ thing)