View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
volumetrics

I don't think I understand the premise for your project.Are you converting from carburetion to fuel injection? That conversion in an of it's self,will not "solve" your volumetric efficiency challenge.The throttle is your nemesis on this one.And your engine must have a throttle.And at "normal" driving rpms,the existing induction system has many millions of design dollars behind it for the mixed-load driving,between idle,and W.O.T. conditions encountered in the real world.------------- Without a flow-bench and engine dynamometer you have no tools with which to develop a manifold.Also,any modifications to the induction system must be balanced with changes to the exhaust tract.------------------ You can develop a set of equal-length exhaust headers with rubber hose.An intake manifold would be a daunting task even if you had unlimited underhood space,which you don't.----------- Reducing pumping losses is a noble undertaking,however,you're picking one of the most complicated projects of questionable outcome.I recommend you inspect some modern systems on new cars and see where they've gone since your car was manufactured.