View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
guudasitgets
EcoModding Apprentice

Fokus - '12 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 32.04 mpg (US)

Lecksus - '03 Lexus RX300
90 day: 17.61 mpg (US)

Benzzzzz - '11 Mercedes Benz ML-350 4-Matic
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
I think I'll just keep the "Assfire" (I just call it the sh!tbox). Up to now I have $1000 in it and just about everything is replaced with new. And now with everything running right I always get low 40's MPG. I just went into both Toyota and Kia's website and got the prices, I don't care about the room but if the Pirus is bigger thats fine, I always drive my car alone and if there is any baggage it's one suitcase, both cars fit that as does the threadstarters Cobalt. So; Kia Rios' 5-door lists at $13,325, the Pirus is at $22,000, a difference of $8675. My 13,000 miles per year based on your estimation of the highway miles per gallon (thats mostly what I do) amounts to a $331.16 gas cost diffrence. So using your figures, your pretty close. It would take 26.2 years to get the extra purchase cost back in the car with the gas milage. Thats assuming you would purchase one of either car and keep it for 26 years, if you buy new every 4 years you will never make that back up. So does it make sence? For me the figures are pretty clear. If we took the threadstarters Cobalt, you would have to drive it 25.95 years to make up the cost of the car. I looked in the garage and the BEST Prius mpg average lifetime is just over 75mpg. Using the price differance over a Cobalt getting it's EPA Highway rating would still take you 11.72 years to make the extra cost back up even using that 75mpg. There you have it. The choice as they say is yours!
"The Stone Age did not come to an end because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will not come to an end because we have a lack of oil" ; His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani (Saudi Arabia Oil Minister from 1962 to 1986)

https://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-...ehicleid=10608

Last edited by guudasitgets; 06-27-2009 at 04:57 PM..