View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
wolfraven
EcoModding Lurker

That Big Gray Thing - '82 Mercury Capri
90 day: 19.33 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfraven
Well, getting a Ninja 250 is why I'm saving more than I'm willing to spend on that big Honda...but I'm probably going to get an older one, which I'm sure will crop up here soon...saw one the other night on CL for like $750 and it was an 89, looked nice...very well maintained, and only had a dent to the tank....compared with my car, that's 18x better lol. But I'm saving first, going for cheapest possible option first and foremost to replace my car while I attempt to repair it...or save for a decent used car, preferably FWD with some ABS and traction control, after last year's snow...heh, long story short, the Capri does NOT do snow...but honestly, I'm on the lookout for a Ninja 250 or 600 eventually anyway. I found a similar e-motorcycle build to Ben Nelson's elsewhere...and it had a larger motor, and I had a few different ideas...beyond an EV conversion, I was thinking of doing some heavy customization, and the Ninja would be a better starting point for either direction...but for now, it's whichever I have the cash for...I might work for one of the only currently succeeding car dealerships in my specific neck of the woods, but I'm definitely not making much...so it'll take a bit lol. That's the point of asking for advice, and I'm glad all you folks keep it coming!