View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypermilingNoob View Post
You could always cut off the whole top and put a custom convertible type thing on it I'm sure that would not be too hard for you to do if you can weld good, then sell it as a project car for like 1.5k
Show me a 'vert that doesn't leak, and I might consider it. I'd do a Targa first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco View Post
a little 2rz......2wd.

u said 96? so it has a dist?

the fram warrenty u have to won it as of march 2007. it was 150% of blue book value on excellent. no matter what shape it was in.. but mine passed also...

all cabs from 95.5-2004 were the same, also the fenders fron 95.5-04 were the saem minus the 95.5-00.5 2wd looked like yours but the 4x4 bolt up fine. most people ditch those fenders for higer more bulbous 4x4 ones.

hell it has no miles on it....good find.
Is it a 2RZ? I dunno Toy's engine codes... it's a 2.4 is all I know. The 2WD thing, yeah, I never got a use for 4 Wheel Drive on the street. That's for farm trucks and snow rigs/off road.

Too bad I can't cash in on that frame warranty... that would be sweet. I'd finance part of my house build and go get a couple more $200 vehicles!

Good to know that everything up to 2k4 will fit... that will help tremendously if I need some body parts, which I may still end up needing.

Do you have a pic of the difference in the fenders?

I know on my old Mazda, the 4wd sheet metal made it possible to tuck rims a little better, but at the expense of another .5 sq.ft of frontal area or so, since the sheet metal was physically wider.