View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
I do love my old cars. True they don't hold a candle to an ecomodder's Civic or Metro, but I get better mileage in mine than most people I know that SHOULD be getting better mileage in their newer more efficient vehicles. The 30 mpg GM ads? The new 35 mpg Ford Focus? I can do that WITHOUT the expenses of the newer car. Also the junkyard here doesn't have much for foreign cars. I know of 1 Metro in there. But at any given day, there are at least 30 cars that I can pull parts from for my cars. There are still a lot of old a-bodies running around here.

$4500 off a new car is still a LOT more than I can afford. Not only that, but higher insurance rates and higher registration fees, higher repair costs too. I won't ever do it.

But I guess it would be good for the people who have parked their old gas guzzlers and that won't sell because people can't afford to drive them. If they don't plan on buying a new car themselves, then it should be worth $4500 to someone who wants to scoop it up to trade it in on a new car.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver