View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
BigMouse
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via ICQ to BigMouse Send a message via AIM to BigMouse Send a message via MSN to BigMouse Send a message via Yahoo to BigMouse
New to the forum, with my RX-7 EV Project...

Greetings! I was introduced to this forum by one of the forkenwift guys (I think) quite a while ago. Now that I'm finally back to work on my RX-7 project, I figured it'd be a good idea to get active on here.

My project is a 1986 Mazda RX-7. Installed a 12" Baker forklift driver motor in it and am working on installing the 100 SAFT/Marathon NiCad wet aircraft cells for the battery pack now. Also building my own controller, which is also almost done.

I've got videos of my progress on you-tube (one of which was recently posted here actually). Just search for RX7 EV and they'll come up.

As for the status of the project, I'm in the final stretch. Started a thread back on gassavers.org when I began the project, but that thread died when a job change took all my time from it. Now that I'm finally settled (rising gas prices help too), I'm back to work on it and hope to have it drivable within a week!

Of course, as the forkenswift project has demonstrated, drivable doesn't mean it's done ;-)

It will be very bare-bones at first, but I'll slowly begin making upgrades as time goes on. One of which will be PC-based instrumentation. That project is a ways off though, dispite me having almost all the hardware I need for it already.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated, and possibly revive my old thread on this new forum.