View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Who
UnderModded

Pablo - '07 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD
90 day: 23.62 mpg (US)
OK... so the ideal hypermiling place is probably on the Altlantic coast in Florida with an inland commute. No hills and a tailwind in the morning AND at night.

tasdrouille, this is summer #50 here for me... I don't do nearly enough in the winter and May and June go way too fast unless it's crappy outside. Initially I wanted to take the SF, maybe even use it to tow a 6x12 cargo trailer.

It is paid for and that's a good reason to hang onto it. That said, its resale here will be way more than there. The extended warranty here would seem wrong there since they have the longer powertrain portion. The new SFs have Aux inputs and the 7 seven seater has a power seat but luckily no sunroof so it should fit even better. There are hardly any SFs in the Bay area for whatever reasons - tons around Ontario and Quebec.

It sucks selling a 2 year old car but I just hate the idea of always having potential issues when services it since it is a foreign model and here the GLS is the mid level trim where in the USA the GLS has a belt version 2.7L and undergeared 4A so black book values would never compute. 38,500 on the Odo looks much higher there than here. ;-)

Also, I'm taking a 22' truck down (too bad Class 4 truck don't have OBDII for ScanGauges hehe). The SF would have to go on a trailer behind it. Bigger truck - shorter trailer combinations can be tricky to back up or even just to see the trailer in behind.