View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #85 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Ehh.. sorry to hear about the disentegrated tail. It was a great idea though, maybe just needed some reinforcing. Thankfully being just coroplast, if were to hit another car it would do little to no damage.

Maybe if you wanted to make another one, you could use some clamp-on trunk rods sort of how I did, then make that as part of your attachment to keep it from going anywhere.

I've had the wind from trucks blowing past me rip loose part of the grille block on the 6000 wagon. But it is anchored in the middle, so it can't totally fly off.

Loosening up and turning into a parachute was one concern of mine since it hinges backwards for trunk access. So before putting it on the road, I added an extra metal strip and bolt on each side to anchor it at the front end. That's also a plus of the steel section before the shower liner, the steel won't stretch and scoop air.

Did I ever ask you what part of Michigan you are in, or travel to? You seem to travel a lot. I travel a lot down the west side. Maybe we could meet up sometime.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver