View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
theycallmeebryan
Master EcoModder

2003 Ninja EX250 - '03 Kawasaki Ninja EX250
90 day: 78.57 mpg (US)

Saturn - '99 Saturn SL1 Base
90 day: 47.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvos39 View Post
If I would tuck like you ,my back and neck would hurt too. Reason for my seat upright on the Suzuki Burgman is comfort. I probably count some more years than you. I am very interested to see how your full comfortable FE will figure. If your riding speeds etc.stay the same maybe the difference in Cd*A can be calculated?
My neck never hurts. The only other thing besides my back that gets a little strained is my feet. This is because when i tuck, my legs push down on the pegs a little harder and i feel a little more pressure in my hamstrings and bottoms of my feet. The thing is, the position of my tuck really is decently comfortable, and i can usually withstand it as far as taking trips to see my girlfriend at college (like 75 miles). I guess the fact that i'm off school and working extra as well as taking summer classes, i'm riding the bike a lot every day. Maybe the constant use every day has put a toll on my back.

If i can still achieve 90mpg sitting upright, i will probably never tuck again. 90mpg is great anyway and the 10 extra mpg i may achieve from tucking really doesn't justify discomfort.

If you have to use your brakes, you are driving too fast!

My 101.5 MPG 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Crude Oil Price Today