View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
That last paragraph says it all... I had lost my license twice before I was 21, and been through more traffic school than I care to think about. Though, I made a 13 year stretch without a ticket, I've had 3 in the last 7 years. And hopefully, as I pass the 2 year anni of the last one, it WAS last one...

My club and some other folks did a recovery of a vehicle recently that was stuck out in the desert snows. There was a second that needed some work and the snow to melt before it can be recovered. A club where I used to live does those sorts of recoveries all the time. Hmmm, if there was a rally group out here, I might see if we can help.

Yes, the 4x4 in the snow flat out can be fun, lucky you had a "closed cousrse"! One of my most recent "stucks" was after our 22" overnight snowfall last week. I was goofing around in an empty parking lot that hadn't been cleared when I got the bright idea to do a douhgnut around the light pole... When I came to a stop, sideways, I had snow pushed about halfway up the passenger side windows. Took some doing, but I got clear on my own. Turned around later that morning giving 3 cars tugs with the tow strap.

Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
But, I've come to the realization that I can't drive like I want too, and A) not get tickets, and B) save on fuel (which translates to the implications of emissions and their effects). I'd just as soon take it easy from now (except once in a while, of course )

RH77