View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

Mike, yeah I am working on that. I have it in place but its apparently not enough. From Tuner forums I picked up that 1 of my nozzles would be more than enough but apparently boost is nowhere near as hostile to engines as lean and ultra lean conditions.

Robert, That was originally my intent. . .but I went a little overboard. I tried using the throttle and the resistance at first. . .the problem is working the two controls simultaneously. When I would go to depress the throttle(actual, or without quotes) I would have to turn turn off the MAP sensor(I bypassed it with a wire and a resistor to simulate what data it would be gathering) and turn up the resistance at the exact same rate as I pushed the throttle, Also I had to engage the injector(it was injecting too much fluid to leave running while the throttle was in place). Very much too many things for one person to do. I'll definitely be looking for ways to piggy back some of these things onto other systems(like piggy backing the pump flow rate to the tach so it drops the right amount of fluid to keep up)

The system has an ELS that rotates a ball valve(much wider than the rest of the intake tract so no restriction). flip that switch valve turns to an equivalent of 1/4 throttle position(enough to maintain 1.8-2K RPM on level ground in all gears) so I could shut the system down if the engine overheated(and so I wouldn't have to tow it back). Its just on a spring switch keys a solenoid releases spring, intake mostly closed.

Also alarmingly. . .it goes through water about as fast as gas. The tank is mounted in the trunk so it can stay reasonably cool, easy access and convenient place to route the piping, its also slightly higher in the rear than the front so the top half of the tank is higher than the engine so I get some free potential energy(or energy I burned lifting it there.) I'll need something the size of a 5-8 gallon tank for extended trips unless I know for a fact I can stop and get more water frequently. I've tested this at fast food places around town that are near my driving route. So far all of them have been willing to give me a 5 gallon bucket full of water(I had to return the bucket -_-). Most of them didn't ask but one of them(arby's) the manager asked. I informed him and then showed him the tank(not in use ^_^ but he didn't know it was the secondary Del Sol).

Like I said though. . .Its going to be probably a good week or two before I get another chance to even test drive it, let alone start pulling apart systems to actually make it work properly. I'm entirely open to speculation or suspicions on what to do next.

I also yanked the Cat as its now only in use during Limp mode, it helped alot as far as available power down low(no backpressure whatsoever(yes there is nominal pressure. . .but its nominal lol)). The engine has alot more juice down low now like most diesels, because its not fighting all that restriction(up front and out back).