View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
theunchosen
Master EcoModder

At the moment no I'm not. At this point in the game. . .its much less of a concern for health reasons than. . .my daily sugar intake ^_^. I've only had it on the road for 3 miles, and running total time of less than 30 minutes so I'm not terrifically worried about my foot print atm.

Theoretically with the WONT I should be able to get a greater ability to ignite fuel. The difference in this and anything in any other gasser is. . .it instead of limiting the fuel that goes in(to far less than normal, HF, VX, Insight) I'm holding fuel about where it normally is. . . and just adding alot more air.

In the short road test and the sitting tests with it out of gear(dangerous no air flow and I am not going to repeat) I was able to simulate a MAP read out at 1/2 of WOT(or close to 30:1) before I had to back it down for heating issues. If I can keep it near 30:1 I'm outside of Tier II Bin 5, or rather under it, or in it. . .whatever. This is theoretical right now, but the NOX curve peaks at 20:1ish somewhere in there and then begins an exponential drop. If I can stay above 23-24 I'm doing better than older diesels.

Also I think I can wash out some of the NOX particles with the steam bath/cooling. At least theoretically. Its how its done in Coal power plants. I may be well under "acceptable" NOx output for the mileage with just the water injection, but if I am not when I get Michelle back on the road permanently I'll be keeping her as high in the spectrum as I can(most of the charts I've dug up indicate anything above 28-29 puts you under .0odd grams per mile and thats good enough for home grown lean burn for me).